The 5th meeting of this 10th Parliament will resumes tomorrow 28th of March 2017 after it was adjourned on Friday 10th March 2017.
As set out in the Provisional Order Paper for tomorrow, the Leader of Independent Group, Hon. Dr Derek Sikua is expected to asked a question on the developments of the National Wage Policy to the Minister of Commerce, Industries, Labour and Immigration.
And another question on the progress of developments on the 4th USP Campus at Panatina of East Honiara.
Thereafter, two supplementary appropriation Bills for which the Public Accounts Committee has held hearings on for the last five days will be put on first reading.
- The ‘2016 Supplementary Appropriation Bill 2017’ and
- The ‘2017 Supplementary Appropriation Bill 2017, followed by second reading on the ‘2016 Supplementary Appropriation Bill 2017.’
The Public Accounts Committee has concluded hearings into the two Supplementary Appropriations today (Monday 27th March 2017) and is expected to present a report to Parliament before debate on the two supplementary Bills commences.
Meanwhile, during this 5th meeting, Parliament receives a total of thirteen Bills.
This include the 2017 Appropriation Bill 2016 and the two supplementary appropriation Bills now before the house.
Out of this thirteen, seven have already been passed in Parliament. They were:
- The Town and Country Planning ( Amendment) Bill 2016
- The Land Surveyors Bill 2016
- The Child and Family Welfare Bill 2016
- The Adoption (Amendment) Bill 2016
- The Wildlife Protection and Management (Amendment) Bill 2016
- The Pacific Games 2023 Bill 2016
- The Solomon Islands Tertiary Education and Skills Authority Bill 2016
Those remaining and are yet to go through second reading are:
- Whistle blowers Protection Bill 2016
- Anti – corruption Bill 2016
- Ombudsman Bill 2016